Sunday, December 16, 2012

Pygmalion with Galatea and Dating Websites

I am the Cypriot sculptor named Pygmalion.

I wish to speak to you, my brothers and sisters, concerning my situation. For many years, I have been frustrated by the lack of suitable women to marry. Cyprus is full of women, but all the good ones seem to be taken. I simply wanted a woman to be my love and companion throughout life. I wish to be married in spiritual bond with the maiden of my dreams and please the gods in faithful worship. I am a goldsmith and sculptor by trade. I often locked myself in my studio to work on many projects—a distraction from the loneliness I felt on this island far from Mount Olympus and mainland Greece. Would the Olympian gods even hear my pleas from so far away?

I am the ivory sculpture called Galatea.

My name means "milky white" in Greek. I was the main project that Pygmalion so devotedly slaved over, day after day, in his cluttered sculpting studio. With careful attention to detail, he fashioned my curves—giving me the sensuous body of his fantasy woman. From my dainty hands and the beguiling expression on my face to my firm breasts and smooth thighs, Pygmalion carved away the loneliness he felt as he lovingly sculpted each inch of feminine figure. My creation was to honor the goddess Aphrodite, who took pity on poor Pygmalion and breathed life into my solid frame. Pygmalion's love for me knows no end and I, the wife he desired, will love him forever.

Pygmalion and Galatea speak together in unison.

We wish you, our beloved audience, the same happiness we have found together. We know that many of you are still single out there. For those desperately trying to find a companion, especially when the traditional methods have failed you, we suggest you try this new method: online dating websites.


OKCupid.com
When choosing an online dating website to meet your mate, it is best to go with websites that are 100% free. Why free? Free guarantees you won't fall for any online scams since you're not financially invested in the website. OKCupid.com is one such free website that incorporates some social games and other multimedia features (such as questionnaires) to keep a user entertained, especially if they're not having success finding a mate.  

PlentyofFish.com
The online dating scene is a big, vast ocean—enough to make Poseidon envious. If it is quantity and not quality you seek, then cast your line and reel in a winner at PlentyofFish.com. The catch of the day awaits you; however, be wary delving too deep in this abyss. The problem with this free dating website is the sheer volume of members, which can be a negative as it attracts many undesirables. But, as with all sorts of fishing, the ones that fail to impress the fisherman should be tossed back into the water.

ChristianDatingForFree.com
There are many singles websites that cater to particular individuals, whether they are based on race or ethnicity, age, socio-economic backgrounds, or even religious affiliation. One such website is ChristianDatingForFree.com, which is very similar to PlentyofFish.com in layout and profile creation. Many members of this singles website have a profound spiritual connection with Christ—as is witnessed by their profiles. If one is looking for a quick fling, ChristianDatingForFree.com will not satisfy since its members are devout people of faith looking for serious commitments.

DateinAsia.com
Another example of a singles website geared toward specific groups is the Asian-inspired site known as DateinAsia.com. This free online singles meeting place has members of various Asian cultures, such as Korean, Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese, and especially the Filipino culture. But not only Asians join this website since it is also popular with many Western men who have a sweet tooth for Asian women. Some have been lucky enough to meet in person, fall in love, and exchange wedding vows. It all depends on the sincerity of the member.

Remember, as someone looking for love online through singles dating websites, you should follow these online dating tips:

·         Be honest about who you are in your profile
·         Be honest about who you are looking for in your profile
·         Be realistic in the type of relationship you wish to find
·         Be respectful of other members since they are real people just like you
·         Don't send money or give away too much personal information
·         Don't expect to find love right away (be patient)
·         Get to know the person better before planning to meet him or her
·         And if you are a single parent, protect your children by not exposing them (in your profile) to potential online predators who may frequent singles websites.



Feel free to post a comment below and tell us your success stories or tales of horror in seeking love online. And wherever destiny directs you or wherever the gods guide you, may you find the love of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment